The European Language Certificates at TANDEM Hamburg
telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule
“telc German C1 Hochschule” tests your high-school-related German knowledge at a very advanced level. The test is intended for adults who want to study at a German university, and also for those who are already studying or working in an academic career and want to prove their knowledge of German.
* The written part of the exam takes place at TANDEM on a Friday at 2 pm, the oral one is to follow on the next day, the Saturday, in the morning.
* The written section takes, excluding the introduction, approx. 200 minutes (plus a break of 20 minutes); the oral section takes about 16 to 24 minutes (plus 20 minutes preparation) and is completed in groups (2 -3 examinees).
* You may collect your result here approx. 6–8 weeks later - please check our website (see below) to find out whether they have already arrived.
* You will need to collect your examination results personally, with appropriate identification, at our school. If you are not able to to do that, you may also send us (or bring to the examination) a self-addressed A4 envelope with the appropriate postage stamp required and we will post them to you. If you would like to send someone to collect your examination results, you will need to also write an an appropriate power of attorney letter for for this specific person.
* For data protection reasons, we do not give any information as to whether the examination was passed or failed over the telephone.
* In the case of cancellation before the registration closing date, we will refund the examination fee, minus a processing fee of €30.00. Later cancellations are not possible. Exception: If you are ill on the examination day, please inform us immediately via email at email@example.com and provide a medical certificate within 4 days. In this case, we will refund the examination fee minus a processing fee of €50,00.
TIP: Have you already completed the examination and passed either the oral or written section? If so, you can have this section of the examination credited. You must send us the examination result (the sheet entitled "Ergebnisbogen") so that we can forward in on to TELC. IMPORTANT: The failed section of the examination must be repeated by the end of the following calendar year, after that the result will be invalid. Please be aware that even if you only want to repeat a section of the examination, you will be required to pay the full examination fee.
Exam dates and fees
You can register directly here and send us a copy of the examination fee bank transaction. You may also come to our office and register and pay via cash or card.
€ 185.- for participants in TANDEM's courses
€ 195.- for all others
NOTE: We have 26 seats per examination. 10 of these are reserved for participants in our preparation courses (see below). Please be advised to register as eary as possible, as examination spaces tend to be fully booked shortly after the beginning of the registration period.
Fri + Sat
|telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule||20. + 21.11.2020||21.10.2020||NO VACANCIES||You may pick up your results at TANDEM now|
|telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule||
05.01. + 06.01.2021
Tue from 11a.m. and Wed from 10 a.m.
|telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule||19.02. + 20.02.2021||03.02.2021||Free places still available **|
|telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule||19.03. + 20.03.2021||03.03.2021||Free places still available **|
|telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule||16.04. + 17.04.2021||31.03.2021||Free places still available **|
|telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule||21.05. + 22.05.2021||05.05.2021||Free places still available **|
|telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule||18.06. + 19.06.2021||02.06.2021||Free places still available **|
|telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule||16.07. + 17.07.2021||30.06.2021||Free places still available **|
|telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule||13.08. + 14.08.2021||28.07.2021||Free places still available **|
|telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule||08.10. + 09.10.2021||22.09.2021||Free places still available **|
|telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule||12.11. + 13.11.2021||27.10.2021||Free places still available **|
* Registration ends ends 30 days (1:00 p.m.) before the examination date; late registrations are accepted until 8 days prior that date (deadline 1:00 p.m.) for a default fine of € 20.00, if spaces are available.
Intensive course telc C1 Hochschule including exam seat
We're offering a 3-week preparation course for every examination date with the following content:
• You will get to know the various types of tasks and their assessment criteria
• You will train supporting exam strategies and techniques
• You will simulate real exam situations
• You will enhance your academic vocabulary
And of course, we are counselling you about your progress and will give you valuable hints on how to master the examination tasks.
Schedules and prices
• 45 class hours of 45 mins.
• 3 weeks of 15 class hours each
• Monday – Friday 3:00 – 5:30 p.m.
(We make up for lessons cancelled due to public holidays; therefore this course may end on a different weekday)
• Normally 5 – 12 participants (on occasion 14) but due to Corona situation 5 – 8 participants (on occasion 10)
• Recommendation: You should have completed the level C1 already
Course price: € 340.00
Course book and learning materials: € 23.00
Exam C1 Hochschule: € 185.00*
28.09. - 16.10.2020
23. + 24.10.2020
26.10. - 13.11.2020
20. + 21.11.2020
Prep course 2021
|25.01. – 12.02.2021||19.02. + 20.02.2021|
|22.02. – 12.03.2021||19.03. + 20.03.2021|
|22.03. – 09.04.2021**||16.04. + 17.04.2021|
26.04. – 17.05.2021**
No lessons on 14.5.21
|21.05. + 22.05.2021|
|25.05. – 11.06.2021**||18.06. + 19.06.2021|
|21.06. – 09.07.2021||16.07. + 17.07.2021|
|19.07. – 06.08.2021||13.08. + 14.08.2021|
|13.09. – 01.10.2021||08.10. + 09.10.2021|
|18.10. – 05.11.2021||12.11. + 13.11.2021|
*Special price for our students
** In weeks including a public holiday the course will run on 3 days of four class hours
Mock exams and other downloads